Ditch That Homework: Practical Strategies to Help Make Homework Obsolete
- Authors:Matt MillerAlice Keeler
- Publisher:Dave Burgess Consulting, Incorporated
- List Price:
- Buy New: $18.94
as of 8/22/2017 03:17 UTC details
- You Save: $6.01 (24%)
- Sales Rank:22,659
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):6 x 0.5 x 9
- Publication Date:July 24, 2017
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Students hate it. Parents wonder if it's worth the tears, frustration, and nightly arguments. Teachers debate whether it's really helpful or just busywork that consumes their precious time.
One thing everyone can agree on is that homework is a contentious topic.
In Ditch That Homework, Matt Miller and Alice Keeler discuss the pros and cons of homework, why teachers assign it, and what life could look like without it. As they evaluate the research and share parent and teacher insights, the authors explore some of the benefits for ditching homework:
- Better education for all students
- Reduced stress for families
- More intentionality with lesson planning
- Increased love of learning
- More time for teachers to focus on learning at school and enjoying their after-school hours
And that's just the beginning. Miller and Keeler offer a convincing case for ditching--or at a minimum greatly reducing--homework. They also provide practical guidance on how to eliminate homework from your lessons. You'll discover strategies for improving learning through differentiation and student agency and by tapping into the way the brain works best.
Are you ready? Read this book and you'll understand why it's time to Ditch That Homework!#DitchHW
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.