macOS Troubleshooting, Sierra Edition
- Author:Diane Yee
- Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- List Price:
- Buy New: $7.62
as of 5/27/2017 02:33 UTC details
- You Save: $1.37 (15%)
- Seller:PBShop UK
- Sales Rank:733,234
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):5.5 x 0.1 x 8.5
- Publication Date:November 27, 2016
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
No computer provides a trouble-free experience. This handy guide walks you through ways to diagnose, fix, and prevent the most common Mac hardware, software, and operating system problems. You'll learn how to handle problems confidently by using a systematic, iterative process and an array of built-in tools.
- Use startup commands, safe mode, and verbose mode to troubleshoot issues that occur before you log in.
- Degunk your Mac by resetting non-volatile memory and the system management controller.
- Use Activity Monitor, Disk Utility, macOS Recovery, and other specialized tools to analyze and fix problems.
- Diagnose and repair network and internet connectivity issues.
- Speed up a slow Mac.
- Repair file permissions.
- Find and fix deviant system preferences.
- Delete damaged settings from macOS's Library folders.
- Learn where to find online solutions to esoteric problems.
- Covers Sierra and earlier macOS versions.
- Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.
- Fully indexed and cross-referenced.
1. Getting Started
2. Using Startup Commands
3. Resetting the SMC
4. Resetting NVRAM
5. Starting in Safe Mode or Verbose Mode
6. Using macOS Recovery
7. Network Settings and Diagnostics
8. Resetting Network Settings
9. More Network Tricks
10. Slow Computers
11. Permissions Problems
12. Errant System Preferences
13. Exploring macOS's Libraries
14. Finding Solutions on the Web
About the Author
Diane Yee is a technical writer in Sunnyvale, California.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.