Building a WordPress Blog People Want to Read (2nd Edition)
- Author:Scott McNulty
- Publisher:Peachpit Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $8.57
as of 8/15/2018 18:44 UTC details
- You Save: $21.42 (71%)
- Sales Rank:1,294,455
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):5.9 x 0.6 x 9
- Publication Date:December 13, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- MPN:col. Illustrations
Having your own blog isn’t just for the nerdy anymore. Today, it seems everyone—from multinational corporations to a neighbor up the street—has a blog. They all have one, in part, because the folks at WordPress make it easy to have one. But to actually build a good blog—to create a blog people want to read—takes thought, planning, and some effort. From picking a theme and using tags to choosing widgets and building a community, creating your blog really starts after you’ve set it up.
In Building a WordPress Blog People Want to Read
by blogger extraordinaire Scott McNulty, you’ll learn how to:
- Install and get your WordPress site running.
- Set up your site to ensure it can easily grow with you and your readers.
- Be the master of user accounts.
- Manage your site with the WordPress Dashboard and extend its capabilities with plug-ins.
- Make the most of images.
- Work with pages, templates, and links and—of course—publish your posts.
- Use custom post types and taxonomies to bend WordPress to your will.
- Deal with comments—if you even want readers commenting at all.
- Find a theme and make it your own.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.