Video Compression Handbook
- Author:Andy Beach
- Publisher:Peachpit Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $36.37
as of 1/22/2019 19:03 UTC details
- You Save: $13.62 (27%)
- Sales Rank:880,933
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.4
- Dimensions (in):7.6 x 0.7 x 9.3
- Publication Date:July 13, 2018
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Video compression is not a new process; however, it is forever evolving. New standards, codecs, and ways of getting the job done are continually being created. Newcomers to video compression and seasoned veterans alike need to know how to harness the tools and use them for specific workflows for broadcast, the Web, Blu-rays, set-top boxes, digital cinema, and mobile devices. Here to guide you through the multitude of formats and confusing array of specifications, Andy Beach and Aaron Owen use a practical, straightforward approach to explaining video compression. After covering the fundamentals of audio and video compression, they explore the current applications for encoding, discuss the common workflows associated with each, and then look at the most common delivery platforms. The book includes examples from the authors’ projects as well as recipes that offer a way to define some of the best practices of video compression today.
This invaluable resource gives you:
- proven techniques for delivering video online, or via disc or other devices.
- clear, straightforward explanations that cut through the jargon.
- step-by-step instructions for using a wide variety of encoding tools.
- workflow tips for performing either stand-alone or batch compressions.
- insight and advice from top compression professionals sprinkled throughout.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.