Little toes, pursed lips, and tiny hands—newborn photography is a rapidly growing market and professional photographers are eager to jump in. To work with and pose a 5- to 10-day-old infant demands special skills, keeping the child safe and the new parents comfortable, while capturing the subject’s raw and natural beauty.
This guide by pro photographer Robin Long provides the inspiration and instruction, practical tips, and equipment advice you need to get started. You will learn about:
- Establishing trust with clients and working with newborns and parents
- Using natural lighting sources and selecting simple wraps and materials
- Posing styles and transition advice to ensure the session goes smoothly
- Calming techniques and understanding the physical requirements of newborns
- Post-processing workflows with Adobe Camera Raw and Adobe Photoshop to create breathtaking images
This beautifully illustrated guide will not only assist you through a complete newborn session, but will help you start your own newborn photography business, including creating a business plan, building a client base, and selling your images to clients.