EPUB Straight to the Point: Creating ebooks for the Apple iPad and other ereaders (One-Off)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $11.25
as of 9/22/2017 22:15 UTC details
- You Save: $18.74 (62%)
- Sales Rank:495,019
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0
- Dimensions (in):6.8 x 0.4 x 8.9
- Publication Date:August 7, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Almost overnight, EPUB has become the favored standard for displaying digital text on ereaders. The EPUB specification is a powerful method for creating gorgeous ebooks for EPUB-capable readers such as the iPad, Nook, and Kindle. Alas, it is far from perfect, with frustrating limitations, sketchy documentation, and incomplete creation tools. This extensively researched guide to creating EPUB files by best-selling author Elizabeth Castro shows you how to prepare EPUB files, make the files look great on the screen, work around EPUB weaknesses, and fix common errors. In this essential book, Liz shares her hard-earned experience for how to:
- Create EPUB files from existing Microsoft Word or Adobe InDesign files, or from scratch.
- Tweak EPUB files to take full advantage of the power of EPUB in each respective ereader.
- Control spacing, indents, and margins.
- Insert images and sidebars and wrap text around them.
- Create links to external sources and cross-references to internal ones.
- Add video to ebooks for the iPad.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.